"No Rules" Chamber Chili Cook-Off
The Derby Chamber of Commerce is hosting its third annual “NO RULES” Chamber Chili Cook-off on Saturday, October 7 from 11 am to 2 pm at Madison Avenue Central Park. Participation as a contestant is only open to Chamber members and there is no charge to compete! Chili tasting and voting is open to the public for $5 per person.
Date: Saturday, October 7
Time: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Location: Madison Avenue Central Park parking lot - 512 E. Madison Avenue
Price: FREE TO COMPETE or $5 per person to taste and vote
Here’s the scoop:
- Supply your own camping stove, grill, pots, sterno, AC adaptors, etc. and all utensils and ingredients needed for your chili. Power will not be available - please no generators.
- Provide 3-5 gallons of chili. We don’t care if you make it the night before!
- Provide everything else for your booth including table(s), decorations, chairs, tents, etc. If you want to serve from the tailgate of a truck, that is okay with us!
- The Chamber will provide the serving ladle, portion cups and tasting kits.
- Feel free to pass out any promotional items, play games, hold drawings or contests, etc. The sky is the limit because there are no rules!
The Chamber will be selling sampling kits to the public. Kits will consist of a spoon, napkin and voting items.
People’s Choice: Since there are “No Rules” bribery is okay and for the most part, expected.
Best Business Spirit: Have fun and decorate!
Mayor’s Choice Award: Mayor Randy White will select his favorite chili.
Battle of the Badges: Vote for your favorite department: Police or Fire.
If you are interested in participating in the competition, please register your business!